I’m keeping a list of things I pass along to Big Dope that learn each week that he can use in teaching his Intro to Public Administration next fall.
1. The Supreme Court of the United States is an investigative body.
2. Women in politics are not allowed to speak the way men do.
3. A woman whose husband deserted her and the children, or a soldier/sailor/airman trying to feed his family are insidious, dope-crazed psychopaths and must be drug tested before we comfort them with public assistance, i.e. treat the least of those among us as we would one’s lord.
4. A U.S. president can order a foreign nation to build a structure of her/his choosing.
5. A U.S. president can issue orders to dismantle Wall Street.
6. The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is sacrosanct and not subject to analysis while the First Amendment is fair game to individual (300 Million) interpretations.
7. A white man who tries to shoot up the U.S. Capitol is not a terrorist but simply an unfortunate person whose religion caused him to become mentally deranged and has ordered him to kill innocent people.
Uh, no, I think maybe you just need to read, and then think more—this once or twice a year business doesn’t seem to be working that well.